The week of July 23, 2018 was a busy one for some of Idaho’s top golfers. Teams representing Idaho competed against the top talent in the country (and worldwide).
Here’s a brief recap of each event:
PACIFIC COAST AMATEUR
- The Pacific Coast Amateur Championship is one of the oldest and most prestigious amateur golf championships in North America.
- The Morse Cup is a team competition held concurrently with the Pacific Coast Amateur, held July 24-27 at The Olympic Club in San Francisco.
- 15 member associations comprise the Pacific Coast Golf Association, including 13 from the United States and two from Canada.
- The IGA team was represented by Carson Barry, Derek Bayley, and Josh Gliege
- The IGA finished T-8 for the Morse Cup (held the first two days of competition)
- All 3 players made the 54-hole cut
- Derek Bayley was the IGA’s top individual, finishing at -1 total and notching a Top-20 finish (T16)
- Isaiah Salinda of Stanford University won the tournament, finishing one shot ahead of the competition at -12
- View full results here
- Team IGA bios
BOYS JR. AMERICA’S CUP
- The Boys Jr America’s Cup was held July 22-26 at Fairmont Hot Springs Resort in Anaconda, MT
- Team Idaho: Drew Reinke, Jake Slocum, Joe Gustavel, Zach Martin
- The 54-hole stroke play competition features 18 teams comprised of four players from the western United States, Canada, and Mexico
- Team Idaho placed 10th
- Drew Reinke led in scoring for Team Idaho, finishing at -3 for the tournament (T17)
- Team Captain: Caleb Cox
- View full results
GIRLS JR. AMERICA’S CUP
- The Girls Jr America’s Cup was held July 23-27 at Hiwan Golf Club in Evergreen, CO
- The format is identical to the boys’ competition (see above)
- Team Idaho: Carly Carter, Emily Cadwell, Christine Cho, Makena Rauch
- Team Idaho finished 11th
- Carly Carter led Team Idaho in scoring, finishing 19 for the tournament (T24)
- Team Captain: Karen Darrington
- View full results